Kathleen Boston McCune
2601 S. 30th Street · Kansas City, KS 66106
email@example.com · 913.362.6989 · cell 913.709.4128
Proven results as Technical Writer with a demonstrated track record of meeting expectations while facilitating and keeping schedules for each project while insuring all software is incorporated into and for project specs/plans and that security needs are included into USER MANUALS as required.
Core competencies include expertise in the following:
· Corporate and Small Businesses
· Gov: Fed/State/Local
· Management of office/or responsibilities as required
· Initiation/Updating User/Training Manuals
· Analysis of Data
· Schedules met
· Ease in all settings
· Security Expert
· Technology Integration
· Regulatory Compliance
· Efficiency Improvements
· Insuring laws met
· Software Upgrades training
Computer Software Familiarity
Microsoft- Works: all, including AGI, MTS, Excel, Power Point and Vista, PDF (ADOBE Acrobat), Photoshop, PeopleSoft(JDE), VISIO, ACCESS, SAP, SAS, QuickBooks thru 2016, Great Plains, EPerfect, eCommerce, ADP, Oracle, Sharepoint and Cloud.
Official Wiki contributor since 2009
BBA, Washburn University – Topeka, Kansas Bachelors in Business Administration (Tested out of basic English as freshman and began that year with Byline on Washburn Review and earned an “A” in Senior English courses (Poetry & Composition). 42 hours in accounting/Math courses w/3.8 GPA
Dean Vaughn Medical Terminology-100% accuracy
Cost Principals & Grants Management Certificates-Federal Training (also 100% accuracy)
Secret Clearance until 2012 (cleared in 2 weeks)
Direct Experience in Successful Writing
Dec 1998 – Oct 2014 (Owner Retired)
Tom the Taper – Drywall Finisher
Office Manager/Webpage Developer
Kept the books, schedules and developed webpages, ads and correspondence for Tom McCune for the last sixteen years of his business of Drywall Finisher, known in the Greater Kansas City area as the best.
Fourteen plus years:
Feb 2004 – Ongoing for Time Saver Handyman, O.P., KS (part-time)
Web Page Designer/Template Designer for several small businesses: Timesaver Construction & Timesaver Handyman
· Designed 8 WebPages with History of Business, Scope of work possible, Before & After examples, Method for Reaching the Business and feedback/questions page.
· When staff is on vacation: preparation of estimates and correspondence with government offices.
· For another business over last 18 years: Kept records of expenditures and income for Tom The Taper and EOY Tax Preparation. (Both firms doubled their volume of work and income with advertisements on the web.)
Apr 2016 – Jul 2016
UMB, Financial District, Downtown KCMO
After upgrade of security software, contracted to set up User/Training Manuals using Adobe within International Wire Investments Section for 6 associates to include embedded data and referenced materials for internal use and then Word version input into Cloud.
Jun 2014 – November, 2015
Raftelis Financial Consulting, Inc.
Financial Technical Writer
Ø Wrote three sections of Proposal for San Antonio’s Water System.
Ø For St. Louis Mo. Sewer District: Set up and produced Proposal for wastewater and storm water change in financing.
Ø Produced graphs revealing historical storm and waste water usage in relation to funding.
Ø Provided ten variations of Proposal for each Reviewing team and political entity within the St. Louis MSD.
Apr 2010 – Feb 2017 (BETWEEN CONTRACTS)
PUBLISHED Editor/Writer for publications: Mayflower Voyage, An Historical Treatise and nine other books all listed and available on Amazon or through bookstores worldwide under my complete name.
Jun 1979 -- Dec 1979
MW Watson Construction & General Contractors, Topeka, KS
Tech Writer/Accountant/Assistant to Contractor
· Set up 29 Bid Packages for Sub-Contractors from Geo Survey to Landscaping for the Menninger Mental Health West Campus Expansion.
· Set up the Spreadsheets for the Scheduling of each of the Projects based upon the estimated time frames presented within the Bid Packages.
16 years, Licensed Realtor for Reece/Nichols
Jan 1969 – Sep 1996
Federal, State and Local Government
Topeka, Phoenix, Baton Rouge, Kansas City, KS
· Recommended software for each agency, writing user manuals and training staff/managers as required.
· As Analyst, budgeted and recommended funding necessary to cover needs of public for each location.
· As Auditor, determined if monies were being spent as agreed upon and according to law.
· First job in ’69 was to manage the use of the new IBM 360 at the Federal Reserve Bank in Omaha, Ne. where husband was training photographers at SAC Headquarters.